As a company specialising in data and analysis, we take privacy very seriously. And although it may seem a little boring, we want to set out our policy.
What personal information do we collect about you?
Most of the information we collect will be provided by you. This information might include contact details such as your name, address, email address, phone numbers, organisation name and job title. You might also provide information to help us answer a query, or market our services to you.
We may collect additional information about you from public sources, such as LinkedIn profile or Twitter, such as career history, specialisms and interests.
We may collect metadata information, which identifies your computer and tracks your visits and use of our website.
We will use Google Analytics to collect this type of information, so we can assess and improve our website experience. This information is processed in a way that doesn’t identify individuals.
We may also collect information from our email service provider including whether you opened our email and what links you may have clicked on.
What do we use your personal information for?
We will use your data to provide you with the information, products and services you have requested. Most our communication will be by email. We may use your personal information to:
- Respond to enquiries about our services
- Send you updates, newsletters, and sales and marketing
- Invite you to events
- Improve our website experience
- Keep our website secure, and verify compliance with our website terms and conditions
- Comply with any legal process or proceedings
We do not profile your data or allow any third-party marketing to you. We do not share your data, other than with sub-contractors, such as our email broadcast service provider, who abide by strict contractual terms.
What legal basis do we rely on to hold and process your data?
We rely on the following legitimate interests under the General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
- To identify and contact potential and current clients in relevant job roles to receive information and marketing about our events, products and services.
- To communicate to potential and current clients by email, where we have consent to do so, plus by phone and post.
- To administer the pre-contract and contractual relationship between us and our suppliers, contractors or employees in connection with the performance of a contract.
Some ways we may use your information:
- To send sector and BINGO news by email
- To email you invites to our events
- To email an invitation to participate in research
- To post a greetings card or an invitation to a party
- To call you to arrange a meeting
How long do we keep your information for?
We may keep your information for financial purposes for up to six years. We will keep your information for marketing purposes only as long as we can continue to verify that it is up to date and still relevant for our purposes.
We may keep your information to comply with legal obligations.
You can let us know at any time if you would like to opt out of receiving any or all communication from us.
We may retain your information on a suppression file if you request to receive no future communication.
We never knowingly collect or store information from people under 16 years old. If you are a parent, guardian or carer of a child under 16, and would like their information deleted, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org